Virtual Meetings (re-posting)
Call: 312-626-6799 Meeting ID: 267 406 2635 #
Governor’s Executive Order No. 2020-75 extends a previous Executive Order that allows public bodies to conduct remote public meetings during the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Governor Whitmer, “As we continue to flatten the curve, it’s important to give public bodies the flexibility they need to conduct virtual meetings and limit in-person contact.” Governor Whitmer also added that, “During this ongoing crisis, it’s critical to ensure public officials can continue to do their jobs and meet the needs of residents, while also ensuring meetings remain open, accessible and transparent to the public.”
The purpose of these orders is to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, protect the public health, and provide essential protections to vulnerable Michiganders, it is crucial that all Michiganders take steps to limit in-person contact. These critical mitigation measures include social distancing and limiting the number of people interacting at public gatherings.
To that end, it is reasonable and necessary to temporarily suspend rules and procedures relating to physical presence at meetings and hearings of public bodies and other governmental entities in Michigan. These public bodies and entities must continue to conduct public business during this emergency, including actions to respond to COVID-19, and the general public must be able to continue to participate in government decision-making without unduly compromising public health, safety, and welfare.
All members of the public are welcome and encouraged to join remotely and participate by phone…
- To join a public meeting by phone, call: 312-626-6799
When prompted enter the following meeting ID: 267 406 2635 #
note: you will not need to enter a passcode.
- To join a public meeting by computer, use the meeting ID # (above) and this link that will open in a new window. Do not open the link prior to the meeting; if you need to test your computer use this test page.
- All public participants wishing to participate by telephone will be placed on hold in a virtual “waiting room” until the meeting begins.
- Unless speaking, please mute/unmute yourself by pressing *6 on your phone (or the ‘mute’ button on your screen) to eliminate background noise.
- Those wishing to participate in public comment should “raise their hand” by pressing *9 (or the ‘raise hand’ button on your screen) and wait to be recognized by the mayor/chair.
- Verbally identify yourself before speaking.
- All members of the public will be muted during the business portion of the meeting.
- A roll call vote will be taken for all motions/actions.
ADA Notice: The City will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, to individuals with disabilities for the meeting/hearing upon seven (7) day notice to the City of Three Rivers. Individuals with disabilities requiring services should contact the City of Three Rivers at 269-273-1075 or email@example.com.
Originally Published on: May 20, 2020 | Re-posted on June 10, 2020 | Re-posted August 18, 2020